How to Print Text Messages as Evidence in Court?
Text messages (SMS, MMS, iMessages) can be printed and entered as evidence in court because they leave an electronic record of dialogue. In recent years, millions of text messages play important roles in the trial (divorce, harassment, employment cases, crime etc.), provided by lawyers and clients in legal cases.
Texting is popular and becomes more as the booming of trended apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, WeChat. According to a report of Textrequest in 2016, 14.2 billion people text worldwide. Comparing with the last decade, the number of monthly texts sent increased more than 7,700%. 18.7 billion texts are sent worldwide every day (not including app to app), and WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger have more than 60 billion. There is no doubt that text messaging becomes the most used communication from now.
Text messages (SMS, MMS, iMessages) can go from chat history to evidence in court. But please understand, just like other forms of documentary evidence, text messages also must be authenticated in order to be admitted. The client should show that it has not been altered in any way. And it must be relevant, more probative than prejudicial, not hearsay and so on. A key question to ask: What exactly are you trying to prove with your text message evidence?
In order to be used as evidence, the message should include the identifying information that links the message to the texter. It can in a form of screenshot, photo, or print-out. If possible, copies of text messages should have:
1. Date and time of each message
2. The entire conversation to prove not being altered
3. The contact information of the sender, preferably a phone number
4. For MMS or iMessages, either a phone number or an email address.
Here are a few useful ways to print text messages from a phone into a format that can be presented as evidence.
1. How to Print Text Messages from iPhone (Lots of Text Messages)
2. How to Recover Text Messages from iPhone
3. Screenshots on iPhone (A Few Text Messages)
1. How to Print Text Messages from Android (Many Text Messages)
2. Photographs & Screenshots on Android (Some Text Messages)
1. How to Print Text Messages from iPhone (Lots of Text Messages)iOS Data Recovery (printing text messages) is recommended to print out text messages for court. It is a safe and reliable software and already used by lawyer and law enforcement officials. It will not save or own anything of your data or personal information. Besides, it not only can print text messages from iPhone without risk but even recover text messages that have been deleted from iPhone.
Supported Devices: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4
All models of iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad
iPod touch 5, iPod touch 4
Supported file types: Contacts, Messages, Call history, Notes, Photos, Video, Calendar, Reminder, WhatsApp messages, Messenger, Voice memos, Voicemail, Safari's bookmark, App's photos, App's video, App's documents
Download the free trial version here.
Steps to Follow: How to Print Text Messages from iPhone for Court
Step 1. Launch the iPhone print text messages program and connect your iPhoneDownload, install and run iOS Data Recovery on your computer, and choose "More Tools" > "Device Data Backup & Export". Then connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable, letting this software to detect your iPhone automatically.
Step 2. Scan Text Messages on iPhoneClick "Backup" to let iOS Data Recovery scan data on your iPhone. During the process, please keep your iPhone connected to your computer all the time. It will take you a little while.
Step 3. Preview Text Messages on your iPhone before printAfter the backup and scan, you can preview all messages one by one. Choose "Messages", and you can preview the detail. Check the item that you want to print later. After you preview and check all the message items on your iPhone, you can click on the icon of a printer on the top right beside the search box on the program's window.
Step 4. Printing Text Messages from iPhoneWhen you're here, connect your computer to a printer correctly and make sure that there are copy papers. Then You still can preview the messages on your iPhone in the window below and confirm that you will print it. After that, you can preview the printer's icon on the top left menu to complete the print.
2. How to Recover Text Messages from iPhone, iTunes, iCloudIf deleting text messages from iPhone, here is a chance you can still recover. Also consider recovering messages from iTunes, iCloud backup in an easy way. Recover and save the text messages to computer or iPhone, and follow the steps above (1. How to Print Text Messages from iPhone ), printing iPhone text messages.
Read more: Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone with or without Backup
Tips: To prevent data loss, you may need a safe and easy way to backup and restore iPhone data, to manage messages, photos and app data.
iOS Data Recovery (toolkit iOS Backup and Restore) is a good tool for you. It supports various kind of files, including messages, photo, WhatsApp, Kik, Viber data, etc.
More detail: How to Backup iPhone with/without iTunes?
3. Screenshots on iPhone (A Few Text Messages)Usually speaking, to capture on iPhone need to press the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" button. However, if the date and time of the message as well as the sender information are required (usually required), remember to swipe from right to left on the main Messages screen area in order to show the time for every line of the text message.
In addition, if only a few text messages needed, the screenshot is fast, easy, and free. But it will be a tedious and tough task if numerous messages are waiting in the queue to be captured individually. So with organizing the pictures one by one manually.
1. How to Print Text Messages from Android (Many Text Messages)"SMS Backup+, a free app in the Google Play Store, that syncs your messages to your Gmail account for safe storage"
What are required:
An Android phone, A free copy of SMS Backup+ from the Google Play Store, A Gmail account
This will sync text messages to Gmail account and can be retrieved via any web browser. Just print the text messages through the web browser, and download the texts to a computer as a backup if possible.
2. Photographs & Screenshots on Android (Some Text Messages)Photographs:
If the phone is not a smartphone, display the text messages one by one, taking photograph. Though this might cost time, it will turn out a hard copy of the texts.
(Slide left on the text message screen and display timestamps for each text message.)
Tips: The way to capture screenshot varies according to Android devices.
Usually, Android Smartphone user can press the "sleep/wake" button and "volume down" button together simultaneously to get a screenshot. If this works for your device, a "flash" will happen on the phone.
For Galaxy and Android phones with a "home" button, press “home” button and “power” button at the same time. If succeeds, a "flash" will be seen.
At last, to check the screenshot, go to the photo gallery on the phone. Just find the screenshot photo album and locate the captured pictures. After this, save or send the screenshot to turn the images into evidence that you need.
(Author's note: Text messaging is one of the most common forms of communication, and it becomes more popular. The chances of keeping them as evidence to use in court increases. Hope this article help someone who is looking for an answer to text printing question, like “I need to print off the text message to use in court, any ideas how to do this?” or “how do I print text messages? where does it include the date and time? It is about 750-1000 texts so I can't do screen shots.”
(Tips: You can print contacts with iPhone Data Recovery if you need.)
Step 1. Choose the recovery modeAfter launching the program, you need to choose a recovery mode: Recover from iOS Device. After doing this, connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. Scan your iPhone for contacts on itAfter you choose the file type "Contacts", you'll get into the scanning mode after that. Then you can scan your iPhone for contacts on it.
Step 3. Print iPhone contactsYou can check your contacts in the scan result as follow. Mark them and click "Print" on the right top.
Besides, for the HTML file, you also can save your contacts as a VCF or a CSV file on your computer when you want to import your contacts to another iPhone or other Apple devices.
Also Read: How to View Text Messages on iCloud?
With this contacts print tool, you can easily print iPhone contacts or text messages. And if you want to selectively transfer contacts or text messages from iPhone to the computer or from phone to phone, it seems a little difficult. So, you can easily make it with iPhone Transfer to have a learn.
Now download iPhone data recovery and have a try!
Contact us. Welcome to contact our support team on Google+ and Twitter, or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to...
- How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone:...
- Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone Wit...
- How to Restore WhatsApp Backup? WhatsApp...
- WhatsApp Android to iOS: How to Transfer...
- iCloud Photos on Android: How to Downloa...
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Andr...
- WhatsApp Database Reader: How to Read Wh...
- How to Print Text Messages as Evidence i...
- iMessage Recovery: How to Recover Delete...
- Rebuild iTunes Library: Only One Click t...
- Mobile Transfer: Transfer Data from Phon...
- Recovering Deleted Kik Messages, Backup...
- Facebook Messages Recovery Tool: Recover...
- Reset iPhone: Factory Reset iPhone witho...
- Transfer Text Messages to new iPhone, iP...
- Top 4 Ways about How to Import Photos fr...
- iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode, Top Three...