How to Print Text Messages from iPhone and Android for Court
Text messages (SMS, MMS, iMessages) can be printed and entered as evidence in court because they leave an electronic record of dialogue. In recent years, millions of text messages play important roles in the trial (divorce, harassment, employment cases, crime etc.), provided by lawyers and clients in legal cases.
Texting is popular and becomes more as the booming of trended apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, WeChat. According to a report of Textrequest in 2016, 14.2 billion people text worldwide. Comparing with the last decade, the number of monthly texts sent increased more than 7,700%. 18.7 billion texts are sent worldwide every day (not including app to app), and WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger have more than 60 billion. There is no doubt that text messaging becomes the most used communication from now.
Text messages (SMS, MMS, iMessages) can go from chat history to evidence in court. But please understand, just like other forms of documentary evidence, text messages also must be authenticated in order to be admitted. The client should show that it has not been altered in any way. And it must be relevant, more probative than prejudicial, not hearsay and so on. A key question to ask: What exactly are you trying to prove with your text message evidence?
In order to be used as evidence, the message should include the identifying information that links the message to the texter. It can in a form of screenshot, photo, or print-out. If possible, copies of text messages should have:
1. Date and time of each message
2. The entire conversation to prove not being altered
3.The contact information of the sender, preferably a phone number
4. For MMS or iMessages, either a phone number or an email address.
Here are a few useful ways how to print text messages into a format that can be presented as evidence.
1. How to Print Text Messages from iPhone (derectly, pdf, html)
2. Screenshots on iPhone (A Few Text Messages)
1. How to Print Text Messages from Android (Many Text Messages)
2. Photographs & Screenshots on Android (Some Text Messages)
1. How to Print Text Messages from iPhone for CourtiPhone SMS Transfer (print text messages) is recommended to print out text messages for court. It is a safe and reliable software and already used by lawyer and law enforcement officials. It will not save or own anything of your data or personal information. Besides, it not only can help directly print text messages from iPhone without risk, but also can backup and save iPhone SMS to computer in five format: ANTS(.ants), HTML(.html), PDF(.pdf), text(.txt), photo(.jpg).
Tip: PDF is fit for printing texts in legal use. And messages saved in ANTS and text formats are editable.
If you need to recover deleted text messages from backup or iPhone in order to print,
you may need:
Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone Without Backup
iMessage Recovery: How to Recover Deleted iMessages?
Follow the step-by-step guide: How to Print Text Messages from iPhone
Step 1. Download and Launch iPhone SMS Transfer programFirstly, please download the Win or Mac version of iPhone SMS Transfer according to your computer OS.
Download the free trial version here.
Step 2. Run the software and connect iPhone to computerOnce the installation is completed, you can run iPhone SMS Transfer on computer. And then it is time to connect your iPhone to computer via a USB cable, which allows this software detect your iPhone automatically.
Step 3. Transfer text messages from a selected iPhone contact to computerChoose and click any one contact, and you will see all text messages conversation records with that person. And then click on “Copy & Print”. Now you can choose “HTML” or “PDF” format to print (You can check how to print with these two format in Step 4 b and Step 4 c). Click on “Next” button to continue. Next is to click “Start Copy” and decide the file path to store the selected iPhone text messages.
Step 4. Print text messages from iPhone in top three ways
a. Print iPhone text messages directly
Select the one contact and choose “Copy & Print”, and then set the available print options. Now you will need to select the text messages that you want to print and click “Start Print”. See the following picture.
b. Print PDF file with computer PDF viewer
This is the best mode for printing text message from iPhone for court. You will need to double click to open the PDF files in any PDF viewer on computer, such as Adobe Reader, Foxit Reader and DigiSigner. And then find the print option in the particular PDF reader.
c. Print HTML file with your computer browser
You will need to double click the HTML file in order to open it in the browser. Now, if you are running on Win PC, press Ctrl and P at the same time; if you use Mac, press Cmd(Command) and P Simultaneously.
Notes: You can print SMS almost exactly how they are seen on your iPhone if you are using the iOS 7.
Download the free trial version here.
The pro version for Win is $22.76
(Note: If you need to print deleted messages, I would suggest you download iPhone Data Recovery to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone and print them with it.)
3. Screenshots on iPhone (A Few Text Messages)Usually speaking, to capture on iPhone need to press the "Home" and "Sleep/Wake" button. However, if the date and time of the message as well as the sender information are required (usually required), remember to swipe from right to left on the main Messages screen area in order to show the time for every line of the text message.
In addition, if only a few text messages needed, the screenshot is fast, easy, and free. But it will be a tedious and tough task if numerous messages are waiting in the queue to be captured individually. So with organizing the pictures one by one manually.
1. How to Print Text Messages from Android (Many Text Messages)"SMS Backup+, a free app in the Google Play Store, that syncs your messages to your Gmail account for safe storage"
What are required:
An Android phone, A free copy of SMS Backup+ from the Google Play Store, A Gmail account
This will sync text messages to Gmail account and can be retrieved via any web browser. Just print the text messages through the web browser, and download the texts to a computer as a backup if possible.
2. Photographs & Screenshots on Android (Some Text Messages)Photographs:
If the phone is not a smartphone, display the text messages one by one, taking photograph. Though this might cost time, it will turn out a hard copy of the texts.
(Slide left on the text message screen and display timestamps for each text message.)
Tips: The way to capture screenshot varies according to Android devices.
Usually, Android Smartphone user can press the "sleep/wake" button and "volume down" button together simultaneously to get a screenshot. If this works for your device, a "flash" will happen on the phone.
For Galaxy and Android phones with a "home" button, press “home” button and “power” button at the same time. If succeeds, a "flash" will be seen.
At last, to check the screenshot, go to the photo gallery on the phone. Just find the screenshot photo album and locate the captured pictures. After this, save or send the screenshot to turn the images into evidence that you need.
(Author's note: Text messaging is one of the most common forms of communication, and it becomes more popular. The chances of keeping them as evidence to use in court increases. Hope this article help someone who is looking for an answer to text printing question, like “I need to print off the text message to use in court, any ideas how to do this?” or “how do I print text messages? where does it include the date and time? It is about 750-1000 texts so I can't do screen shots.”
(Tips: You can print contacts with iPhone Data Recovery.)
Step 1. Choose the recovery modeAfter launching the program, you need to choose a recovery mode: Recover from iOS Device. After doing this, connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. Scan your iPhone for contacts on itAfter you choose the file type "Contacts", you'll get into the scanning mode after that. Then you can scan your iPhone for contacts on it.
Step 3. Print iPhone contactsYou can check your contacts in the scan result as follow. Mark them and click "Print" on the right top.
Besides, for the HTML file, you also can save your contacts as a VCF or a CSV file on your computer when you want to import your contacts to another iPhone or other Apple devices.
Also Read: How to View Text Messages on iCloud?
With this contacts print tool, you can easily print iPhone contacts or text messages. And if you want to selectively transfer contacts or text messages from iPhone to the computer or from phone to phone.
Now download iPhone data recovery and have a try!
- Sharepod Alternative: Top 3 Alternative for Managing Your iPhone Music
- Snapchat Message Recovery: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Message from iPhone?
- Downloader video final: Downloader de YouTube do alto 10 para livre
- iOS Downgrade Issue: How to Restore iPhone from Backup after iOS Downgrade
- Downgrade iOS 11: How to Downgrade from iOS 11 Beta to iOS 10.3.2?
Contact us. Welcome to contact our support team on Google+ and Twitter, or email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to...
- How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone:...
- Recover Deleted Text Messages iPhone Wit...
- How to Restore WhatsApp Backup? WhatsApp...
- WhatsApp Android to iOS: How to Transfer...
- iCloud Photos on Android: How to Downloa...
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Andr...
- WhatsApp Database Reader: How to Read Wh...
- How to Print Text Messages from iPhone a...
- iMessage Recovery: How to Recover Delete...
- Rebuild iTunes Library: Only One Click t...
- User Guide for Mobile Transfer: Transfer...
- Recovering Deleted Kik Messages, Backup...
- Facebook Messages Recovery Tool: Recover...
- Reset iPhone: Factory Reset iPhone witho...
- Transfer Text Messages to new iPhone, iP...
- Top 4 Ways about How to Import Photos fr...
- iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode, Top Three...