Generally, it is easy for us to hide files on Windows, just right-click to select "Properties" and select "Hide". But why we cannot see this function on Mac?
Apple is a company who focus on confidentiality and humanity, but why not set a hidden attribute? We all know that everyone has a secret, and we’d like to keep these secrets, so we do not worry about those troublesome steps. And conversely, we may like to explore these methods. Another Solution of Mac problems.
Perhaps Apple believes that it is useless when a thing can be hidden but also convenient to show, so there is did not provide an explicitly hidden option. But Mac still provides these hidden options, but did not do the graphical interface. Therefore, if you didn’t know these skills, or you intend to understand these, please join me to learn about it!
Method 1. Use the repository, the program, and the installation package to hide files
1.Put the files in the ~ / Library directoryAfter Lion, the system will default to the user's home directory "repository" folder as a hidden folder, so you can create a folder in this directory for burying you a bunch of secrets, and even you can put "~ / Library / Application Support /" and then create a folder for your secrets.
Click the desktop or Finder, then click the menu "Go", hold down the options click on the "Library" to access the "Library" folder.
2. Put the file in the programMac program is actually some extension. App folder, so right-clicks the program select "Show package contents" can see the program files and resource files, then you can put the teachers here, which can be considered a hidden way. Besides, if you want to view the file, just right-click app, and then select "Show Package Contents".
3. Use the installation package to hide the fileIn addition to the app, you can also use a lot of bundle format to place your nowhere to place the youth, and “package” is a typical way. For example, you can create a new folder, named OS X Mountain Lion Install. Then right-click the “package file”, select "Show package contents", drag your secret into, or you can put a pile of you. The secret folder is renamed to OS X Mountain Lion Install.
Similarly, if you want to view the package file, you only need to right-click the package, then select "Show package contents".
Method2. Make the file invisible
1.Create a new hidden folderEnter "mkdir.folderName" in the terminal.
2. Change the new folder to the hidden folderIn the terminal, enter mv file.file or mv folder .folder, you can hide. The most direct way to enter mv in the terminal and then drag the file or folder to the terminal window, and then enter a space plus. Then drag the file here, and then press the return implementation to hide the file.
3. By modifying the file's hidden propertiesIn the terminal, type “chflags hidden” and then drag the file here, press return to execute the hidden file. And if you want to unhide the file, just type "chflags nohidden".
Method3. Make the file visible but cannot open
Through the permissions settings, you can make a folder visible but cannot open, so as to achieve the purpose of protection.
1.Make a folder into a dropboxRight-click the folder to select "Show Info", and then in the bottom of the "Share and Permissions", click "this user" and "Permission", select "write (box)", the folder icon becomes an icon with a down arrow in the lower right corner indicates that this is a drop box.
Double-click the folder, it will prompt "cannot open the folder, because you do not have permission to view its contents."
In addition, if you want to view it, just change the permissions to "read only" or "read and write".
2. Using chmodChmod command(Change permissions) - In the terminal, enter the “chmod 000” and then drag the folder here, press the return implementation. Then set the file permissions cannot be accessed by anyone, the folder icon into the lower right corner there is a vehicle to prohibit driving into the sign “ok”, now the folder cannot be accessed.
“Chmod” is to change the meaning of authority, “000” means that no one has permission, so you can use this way to your folder can not be accessed. If you want to access this folder, just right-click the folder, select "Show Info", and then click "everyone" permissions, set it to "read only" or "read and write". Once you're done, change it to "No access".
In short, hiding is just one way to protect the file, it just makes the file invisible under certain conditions. But if you need such a way, try it!
Actually, when we use the Apple products, we may meet many problems such as the devices crash, the phone is water damaged, update failure and so on. In this case, we may lose some important data in the absence of a backup. If you really think that you can’t find those data back, iOS recovery tool will be the first choice for you! The full guide about iOS data recovery!
Besides, if you have any other question when using your iDevices, like transferring, here are some Essential iPhone Softwares for your reference.