I have hundreds of contacts in my iPhone 6, but only 20 on iCloud and I can't sync or update them. Any hints? How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud?
Wife's iPhone 5 contacts just disappeared and the iCloud contacts list is empty too. Nothing else is missing nor has the account been hacked. What would cause this? Same thing just happened to her coworker phone. Unfortunately, nothing was backed up or saved. Thought the cloud was enough.
Apple provides powerful and useful iTunes and iCloud for iOS users to backup and restores data. However, it seems that iTunes and iCloud are not so reliable when mystery errors happen. So in this article, I will introduce another two ways to transfer, backup and restore iPhone contacts (four useful ways in total). They are iOS Data Backup & Restore, iCloud, iTunes and Email/Gmail.
Method 1. Selectively Backup and restore iPhone Contacts to PC or Device without iTunes
Method 2. How to Backup Contacts to iCloud
Method 3. How to save iPhone contacts via iTunes
Method 4. How to Backup and Export iPhone Contacts to Email/Gmail
iOS Data Backup & Restore. Here are the features of Toolkit- iOS Data Backup & Restore.
If you want to backup contacts only:
3 minutes, selectively backup your iPhone contacts.
Available to preview and selectively export contacts to computer.
If you want more:
Backup the whole iOS device to the computer by one click.
And there are more data supported:
iMessages, Facebook Messages, WhatsApp, Kik, Viber, Safari, Photos, Messages, Notes etc.
Note: No data loss on devices during the restore.
iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4 that run iOS 10/9.3/8/7
All models of iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad
iPod touch 5, iPod touch 4
Windows 10 or Mac 10.11
Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP; Mac OS X 10.12(MacOS Sierra), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9(Mavericks), 10.8, 10.7, or 10.6
Here are the steps to backup iPhone contacts with iOS Data Backup & Restore.
1. download and launch iOS Data Recovery on the computer
2. connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Once your device is detected, please click "iOS Data Backup & Restore" from the tools.
4. Now you can choose “Contacts” and click "Backup"! The backup is done for you.
5. You have already backed up iPhone contacts, and what you need to do now is to save them on the computer. You can save it in .html, .vcard or .csv formats.
6. Almost there! Click "Export to PC" and save in the format of your choice.
1. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Wait till iTunes detect your iPhone.
3. Click on the phone under "Device" and go for phone control panel.
4. Locate "Summary" and click on it.
5. Scroll down and click on "Back up now".
6. Done. You can see your back up in where you put your backup.
Note: You can only have the whole data backup in your iPhone by using iTunes rather than a selective backup.
You may also like: How to backup without iTunes
Here are steps for you to backup iPhone contacts to iCloud.
1. Pop-up "settings" on iPhone and tap on "iCloud".
2. Make sure that you have put on your WiFi and enter your iCloud.
3. Click on "Storage & Backup"
4. Choose "iCloud Backup" and then click on "Backup now"
It starts to backup and please be patient till it completes.
1.Click on settings, select "Mail, Contact, Calendar".
2. A new page pops up, select "Add Account".
3. Choose and click on "Exchange" from options.
4. Enter the required information with respect to your email details.
5. Select "Save and Export". Done.
Note: If you want to save to Gmail, choose “Google”.
If you want to Print Text Messages or Contacts, What is the Best Way?
Compare these four means:
iCloud takes much time to complete the backup; iTunes is good and enough for you if you are OK with backup all of the data on iPhone; Email is helpful but sometimes you need to differ your emails if you use several emails like work email and personal email; iOS Data Backup & Restore is great, and it can not only backup contacts iPhone but also other types of data.
To some extent, iTunes and iCloud are just still far away from satisfying people who need to figure with a large amount of data on iOS Device. So I recommend Toolkit - iOS Data Backup & Restore and hope it would help.