How to Make Your Old iPhone/iPad/iPod Run Faster?
iOS updates, Apps storage, battery degradation and other reasons may cause our iPhone/iPad run slow in the use of a period of the time. However, this is an unavoidable situation, so if you want to make your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch run quickly and smoothly as before, here you may refer some useful tips below to fix this problem.
1. Uninstall Apps/Games You Almost Never UseThere might be a lot of apps which you almost never use them but stored on your iPad. It may take up not only your storage, but also the CPU resource of your iPad. So, you have to delete these unused apps to speed up your iOS devices.
In addition to the normal way to delete these applications on your devices, here you may also simultaneously remove multiple apps you don't want via some iOS manage tool.
Related Article: How to Remove the Pre-installed App Completely in iOS10?
2. Close Unused Running Apps/GamesWhen using iPad, you might open too much application. To prevent the devices may run slow, you should double click the Home button and slide to shut down the apps/games.
3. Turn off Transparency and MotionThe transparency and motion effects will consume battery and CPU on your devices while showing you a good visual experience. So, if you want to make your iOS 9 run fast on iPad, you can try to turn off these effects.
4. Turn off Background Apps Refresh and Auto-UpdateBackground apps activities will greatly slow down your iOS operation system. Therefore, you need to turn off the background refresh and auto-update to make your iPhone/iPad/iPod have a good performance.
5. Speed up the Safari in iOS 9Actually, we don't think that the Safari history and bookmarks may take up your device's storage, so we never clean up them on our devices. That's why our iOS9 goes slow when we browse online by using Safari.
You may like: 8 using tips about Safari.
6. Deleting Large Files on your DevicesEach iOS devices have it fixed storage space, so we should take care of its limited space. Especially the media files like photos, song, movies etc., they always take up the most storage on your iPhone/iPad/iPod. So, we need to regular delete, backup or transfer your data to speed up your iOS 9/9.1/9.2/9.3 devices.
Of course, in addition to delete them by iTunes, you can also use some smart apps which can automatically delete the junk files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, like Wondershare SafeEraser.
Besides, if you need a practical iOS manage tool , here you may try to use iOS manager, it allows you to manage your data easily and backup/transfer data between iOS devices and computer.
7. Timed shutdown and reboot the deviceIt can automatically remove the temporary processes which created by iOS apps, and greatly speed up your iOS 9/9.1/9.2/9.3 devices.
8. Reset Your iOS Device to Factory SettingThis is the most straightforward way to get your device back to its original state. Once you reset your iPhone/iPad to the factory setting, it will erase all of the data on your iOS devices. So, if you decide to adapt this method, you should to back up your important data on your iOS devices before any resetting.
That's all, if you have also concerned about the above question, just have a try and fix it now. Besides, do you want to replace your old iPhone with new iPhone 7, here we also offer you a detailed tutorial to Set Up New iPhone 7 and Transfer Data to New iPhone 7.